Seattle Pregnancy Massage takes the safety of our clients extremely seriously. The following policies have been put in place to help guard against the possible transmission of Covid 19. However due to the potential for asymptomatic transfer of the virus, it is worth bearing in mind that even with these extra procedures, no activity conducted outside your own home is 100 percent without risk. Please be patient with us as we navigate these new procedures.
Before Your Massage Appointment
- Intake forms are now online only. You are required to fill one out the day before your massage appointment. Please look out for the email asking you to do this.
- You will be called on the phone the day before your appointment to confirm that you and all people you have spent time with have experienced no symptoms of fever or illness in the last 14 days. If you have / are experiencing symptoms please reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days in the future.
Your Massage Appointment
- Please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment. When you arrive, key 464 into the buzzer and come directly to room number 464. (Turn right when you come out of the elevator. we are at the end of the hall).
- Your massage therapist and all clients must wear a mask the whole time you are in the building. This includes during your massage as well as when dressing and undressing. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Just let me know before you arrive.
- Before entering the massage room, you are asked to wash your hands in the bathroom for at least 30 seconds. The bathroom is located around the corner from room 464.
- In addition to hand washing, hand sanitizer is also available to you in the massage room should you wish to use it at any point.
- All clients will have their temperature taken before entering the room using a no touch forehead thermometer.
- As ventilation is a key component in preventing Covid, the window will be open to allow for adequate ventilation inside the massage room. This may result in some extra outdoor sound inside the room and to fluctuating temperatures.
- You will be provided with a plastic tub to place your clothing, jewelry etc inside during your massage. This is in an effort to reduce the amount of surfaces that client's place their belongings on in the room.
- Friends and family are unfortunately, no longer able to wait for the client in the massage room or the waiting room
- If you are scheduled to receive the Covid vaccine, please schedule your massage for at least 5 days after that so that your body's inflammatory response to the vaccine can run it's course first.
What I am Doing
- As a healthcare worker, I received both doses of the Phizer Vaccine on 1.9.21 and 1.31.21
- I am taking my own temperature every morning and afternoon that I work. I will cancel massages and self quarantine for 14 days if I experience any symptoms of Covid 19 or if any of my clients report contracting Covid 19 in the 14 days after receiving their massage.
- All surfaces touched by myself or clients in the massage room as well as door handles, light switches etc are thoroughly disinfected with an EPA approved disinfectant after every massage. I have increased the time between massages and decreased the number of massage appointments I take in a day in order to be able to do this.
- I will be wearing a mask and apron while massaging. I will be changing my apron and shirt and using a new mask after each client.
- This is not new - I will be washing my hands and arms for at least 30 seconds before and after every massage. (Massage therapists use their forearms and elbows during some massages)
- I am monitoring on a daily basis, the case numbers in King County and will close if they rise too steeply.
After Your Massage
- It is recommended that you wash your hands in the bathroom or use hand sanitizer on exiting the massage room.
- We ask that you contact Seattle Pregnancy Massage to let us know, if you develop symptoms consistent with, or test positive for, Covid 19, in the 14 days after your massage.
Our clients say:
"A short perspective from a Dad's point of view: Emma was a phenomenal support to both my wife and I during both pregnancy and delivery. I credit the pre-birth conversations and tutorials for making us both feel more comfortable with what to expect, and how to prepare. And when the big day itself came, Emma was a champion. Emma was calm, collected, thoughtful and supportive throughout the process. She gave me great tips on how I could support my wife, in addition to directly helping with massage and other activities to ease the pains of the labor process. I think the thing that I appreciated most about having Emma there was I was able to discreetly ask questions about what was happening when the birth started to get a little dicey towards the end. Having her there allowed me to decrease my anxiety and get my questions answered without bothering the doctor or distracting my wife. And of course, that is to say nothing of the coaching and support that she gave my wife, which was also invaluable. All in all, we really, really appreciated having Emma's help with the birth of our first child" ~ Jacob